Subject: [OMPI users] Fortran Library Problem using openMPI
From: Georg A. Reichstein (reichstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 07:45:07

Hi!

I’m trying to compile a Fortran file. I did not code it myself and am not
familiar with it’s detailed workings – I’m interested in the program it will
result in after compiling.

Along with the file I also received a command line.

My OS is openSuse 11.1. As I need openMPI and the Intel compiler is
recommended I downloaded both and installed them. I – hopefully – configured
openMPI in the right way. When I run the command I get the following result
(<file>.f is the name of the Fortran code that I got):

# mpif77 -O3 -ip -pad -xW -o <file> <file>.f

ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libmpi_f77.so when searching for
-lmpi_f77

ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libmpi_f77.so when searching for
-lmpi_f77

ld: cannot find -lmpi_f77

Obviously there is an issue with the library lmpi_f77. The file
/usr/local/lib/libmpi_f77.so exists – I just do not know how to check it and
find out why it is labelled “incompatible”.

I have attached all logs from ./configure, make all and make install as
mentioned on the openMPI website. They are compressed in a single folder.

I very much appreciate your help! Please feel free to contact me about
further details where needed.

Thanks

Georg

PS

I also tried to find help in a few forums on the net – but without success.

Dipl.-Ing. Georg A. Reichstein, SM

Institut für Luftfahrtantriebe (ILA)

Universität Stuttgart

Pfaffenwaldring 6