Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Checkpoint/Restart in OpenMPI
From: Sergio Díaz (sdiaz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 05:28:19

Hi Andreea,

I compiled an installation of openmpi with checkpoint/restart support
and it is working fine and I'm trying to integrate it with SGE.
Did you set the right option compiling openMPI?
Did you installed BLCR before?

I used these options:

./configure --prefix=/opt/cesga/openmpi-1.3.3 --with-ft=cr
--enable-mpi-threads --with-blcr=/opt/cesga/blcr-0.8.2
--with-blcr-libdir=/opt/cesga/blcr-0.8.2/lib -with-sge CC=icc CXX=icpc
F77=ifort FC=ifort

Regards,
Sergio

Andreea m. (Costea) escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie, and I want to test the checkpoint/restart mechanism
> included in OpenMPI v 1.3.3. I have tried to search for some
> documentation about how to install the OpenMPI implementation in order
> to support checkpoint/restart, and I found lots of links to
>
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/ProcessFT_CR
>
> which seems not to work. Can you please advise me what to read or what
> steps to follow in order to have everything working?
>
> I already installed OpenMPI but checkpoint/restart doesn't work.
> During installation, in installation log I found teh following lines
> (don't know if it's my software configuration fault or the way I
> installed OpenMPI):
> --- MCA component pml:crcpw (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component pml:crcpw compile mode... dso
> checking if MCA component pml:crcpw can compile... no
>
> +++ Configuring MCA framework crcp
> checking for no configure components in framework crcp...
> checking for m4 configure components in framework crcp... bkmrk
>
> --- MCA component crcp:bkmrk (m4 configuration macro)
> checking for MCA component crcp:bkmrk compile mode... dso
> checking if MCA component crcp:bkmrk can compile... no
>
> Thanks,
> Andreea

Sergio Díaz Montes
Centro de Supercomputacion de Galicia
Avda. de Vigo. s/n (Campus Sur) 15706 Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Tel: +34 981 56 98 10 ; Fax: +34 981 59 46 16
email: sdiaz_at_[hidden] ; http://www.cesga.es/

image002.jpg