Subject: [OMPI users] Checkpoint/Restart in OpenMPI
From: Andreea m. \(Costea\) (doodlie_snew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-30 04:51:35

Hi,

I'm a newbie, and I want to test the checkpoint/restart mechanism included in OpenMPI v 1.3.3. I have tried to search for some documentation about how to install the OpenMPI implementation in order to support checkpoint/restart, and I found lots of links to

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/ProcessFT_CR
which seems not to work. Can you please advise me what to read or what steps to follow in order to have everything working?

I already installed OpenMPI but checkpoint/restart doesn't work. During installation, in installation log I found teh following lines (don't know if it's my software configuration fault or the way I installed OpenMPI):
--- MCA component pml:crcpw (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component pml:crcpw compile mode... dso
checking if MCA component pml:crcpw can compile... no

+++ Configuring MCA framework crcp
checking for no configure components in framework crcp...
checking for m4 configure components in framework crcp... bkmrk

--- MCA component crcp:bkmrk (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component crcp:bkmrk compile mode... dso
checking if MCA component crcp:bkmrk can compile... no

Thanks,
Andreea