Subject: Re: [OMPI users] memchecker overhead?
From: Jed Brown (jed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 15:41:51

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Using --enable-debug adds in a whole pile of developer-level run-time
> checking and whatnot. You probably don't want that on production runs.

I have found that --enable-debug --enable-memchecker actually produces
more valgrind noise than leaving them off. Are there options to make
Open MPI strict about initializing and freeing memory? At one point I
tried to write policy files, but even with judicious globbing, I kept
getting different warnings when run on a different program. (All these
codes were squeaky-clean under MPICH2.)

Jed