Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_INIT failure while building coinor-ipopt
From: Damien Hocking (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-24 21:00:11

Roberto,

Ipopt doesn't use MPI. It can use the MUMPS parallel linear solver in
sequential mode, but nothing is set up in IPOPT to use the parallel MPI
version. For sequential mode, MUMPS dummies out the MPI headers. The
dummy headers are part of the MUMPS distribution in the libseq
directory. You're probably getting the OpenMPI headers instead of the
dummy ones. I can't open your bz2, my machine tells me it's borked, so
I can't read your log and see exactly where it's going wrong.

Damien