Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI_File_open return error code 16
From: Rob Latham (robl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-22 14:35:21

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 09:23:20AM +0800, Changsheng Jiang wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am learning MPI.

Welcome! sorry for the several-months lateness of my reply: I check in
on OpenMPI only occasionally looking for MPI-IO questions.

> A small code snippet try to open a file by MPI_File_open gets error
> 16(Internal error code.) in a single server with OpenMPI 1.3.3, but
> it's run correctly in another server(with OpenMPI 1.3.2).
>
> How to fix this problem? Thanks.
>
> This is the snippet:
>
> int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
> MPI_File fh;
> MPI_Init( &argc, &argv );
> int ret = MPI_File_open(
> MPI_COMM_WORLD, "temp",
> MPI_MODE_RDWR | MPI_MODE_CREATE,
> MPI_INFO_NULL, &fh);
> if (ret != MPI_SUCCESS) {
> fprintf(stderr, "open file failed, code=%d\n", ret);
> } else {
> MPI_File_close(&fh);
> }
> MPI_Finalize();
> return 0;
> }

The error code isn't very interesting, but if you can turn that error
code into a human readable string with the MPI_Error_string() routine,
then maybe you'll have a hint as to what is causing the problem.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA