Subject: [OMPI users] Making RPM from source that respects --prefix
From: Bill Johnstone (beejstone3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-02 06:48:49

I'm trying to build an RPM of 1.3.3 from the SRPM. Despite typical RPM practice, I need to build ompi so that it installs to a different directory from /usr or /opt, i.e. what I would get if I just built from source myself with a --prefix argument to configure.

When I invoke buildrpm with the --define 'configure_options --prefix=<desired path> ...', the options do get set when the building process gets kicked off. However, when I query the final RPM, only vampirtrace has paid attention to the specified --prefix and wants to place its files accordingly. How should I alter the .spec file (or in some other place?) to get the desired behavior for the final file locations in the RPM?

Thank you for any help.