Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Openmpi setup with intel compiler.
From: vighnesh_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-10-01 02:11:06

Dear Peter,
     I got info from the net that OPenmpi requires F77 bindings for F90
support. Thats where I was making mistake, i didnt configured for F77
bindings during openmpi setup. I rectified my mistake and after that
openmpi
was installed successfully for both PGI and INTEL compiler.

It was great help from you. :-)

Thanks and Regards,
Vighnesh

>Dear Peter,
> Your suggestions did worked, it didnt showed any error during make and
>make install. But it didnt got installed with mpif90 support. I tried to
>compile my mpi code, but it gave following error.

>[vighnesh_at_test_node SIVA]$ /share/apps/mpi/openmpi/intel/bin/mpif90
code.f >-o code.exe
>Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
Fortran >90 support. As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.

> My configure script line is:
>[root_at_test_node vighnesh]# ./configure
>--prefix=/share/apps/mpi/openmpi/intel FC=ifort --with-tm=/opt/torque

>Please help me.

>Thanks and Regards,
>Vighnesh

> On Wednesday 30 September 2009, vighnesh_at_[hidden] wrote:
>> during
>> configuring with Intel 9.0 compiler the installation gives following
error.

>> [root_at_test_node openmpi-1.3.3]# make all install
>> make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/openmpi-1.3.3/orte'
>> test -z "/share/apps/mpi/openmpi/intel/lib" || /bin/mkdir -p
>> "/share/apps/mpi/openmpi/intel/lib"
>> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c
>> 'libopen-rte.la'
>> '/share/apps/mpi/openmpi/intel/lib/libopen-rte.la'
>> libtool: install: error: cannot install `libopen-rte.la' to a directory
not ending in /share/apps/mpi/openmpi/pgi/lib