Subject: Re: [OMPI users] very bad parallel scaling of vasp using openmpi
From: Rahul Nabar (rpnabar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-23 00:30:31

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Gerry Creager <gerry.creager_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Most of that bandwidth is in marketing...  Sorry, but it's not a high
> performance switch.

Well, how does one figure out what exactly is a "hih performance
switch"? I've found this an exceedingly hard task. Like the OP posted
the Dell 6248 is rated to give more than a fully subscribed backbone
capacity. Nor I do not know any good third party test lab nor do I
know any switch load testing benchmarks that'd take a switch through
its paces.

So, how does one go about selecting a good switch? "The most expensive
the better" is somewhat a unsatisfying option!

--
Rahul