Subject: Re: [OMPI users] cartofile
From: Eugene Loh (Eugene.Loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-21 11:10:24

Thank you, but I don't understand who is consuming this information for what.  E.g., the mpirun man page describes the carto file, but doesn't give users any indication whether they should be worrying about this.

Lenny Verkhovsky wrote:
Hi Eugene,
carto file is a file with a staic graph topology of your node.
in the opal/mca/carto/file/carto_file.h you can see example.
( yes I know that , it should be help/man list :) )
Basically it describes a map of your node and inside interconnection.
Hopefully it will be discovered automatically someday,
but for now you can describe your node manually.
Best regards
Lenny.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Eugene Loh <Eugene.Loh@sun.com> wrote:
I feel like I should know, but what's a cartofile?  I guess you supply "topological" information about a host, but I can't tell how this information is used by, say, mpirun.