Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Multi-threading with OpenMPI ?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-17 09:44:28

On Sep 16, 2009, at 9:53 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Only the obvious, and not very helpful one: comm_spawn isn't thread
> safe at this time. You'll need to serialize your requests to that
> function.

This is likely the cause of your issues if you are calling
MPI_COMM_SPAWN in multiple threads simultaneously. Can you verify?

If not, we'll need to dig a little deeper to figure out what's going
on. But Ralph is right -- read up on the THREAD_MULTIPLE constraints
(check the OMPI README file) to see if that's what's biting you.