Subject: Re: [OMPI users] unable to access or execute
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-15 10:55:05

On Sep 15, 2009, at 5:36 AM, Dominik Táborský wrote:

> So I have to manually copy the compiled hello world program to all of
> the nodes so that they can be executed? I really didn't expect that...

How would you expect us to execute something that doesn't exist? :-)

> So, where (in the filesystem) does the executable have to be? On the
> same place as on the master?

That's one way to do it. In general, if you specify a naked
executable name, we look for it in the PATH on each of the target
machines. We automatically append "." to your PATH on each node, so
if you "mpirun ... hello" and hello is in your CWD, then we'll find it.

As Lenny mentioned, it's a fairly common scenario to use NFS to export
your executable to all nodes where it is needed to run.