Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Messages getting lost during transmission (?)
From: Dennis Luxen (luxen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 04:00:38

> In MPI, you must complete every MPI_Isend by MPI_Wait on the request handle
> (or a variant like MPI_Waitall or MPI_Test that returns TRUE). An
> un-completed MPI_Isend leaves resources tied up.

Good point, but that doesn't seem to help. I augmented each MPI_Isend
with a MPI_Wait. Now, one process keeps hanging after a number of
messages in MPI_Wait and the other one keeps MPI_Iprobe'ing for new
messages to receive.

> I do not know what symptom to expect from OpenMPI with this particular
> application error but the one you describe is plausible.

If I start with the parameter "--mca btl tcp,self" on the other hand,
the processes finish communication just fine. I am not exactly sure why
this flag helps.

Best wishes,
Dennis