Subject: Re: [OMPI users] openmpiu 1.3.3. with OpenFOAM
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 03:53:46

I'll let the Myricom guys answer further for message passing
optimizations, but some general tips:

- Yes, using processor affinity might help. Add "--mca
mpi_paffinity_alone 1" to your mpirun command line and see if that
helps.
- I *believe* that HP MPI uses processor affinity by default -- Open
MPI does not.
- If you are using less MPI processes than you have processors, you
might want to spread out the MPI processes across computational
sockets. Open MPI 1.3.x does not yet have good controls for this yet;
you might need to do this manually with some shell scripting (we're
putting better processor affinity controls in future versions).