Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [OT] : Programming on PS3 Cell BE chip ?
From: Elvedin Trnjanin (trnja001_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 23:28:37

I am not a game developer, but I don't think any games are actually
using MPI in general, let alone to communicate with the SPEs (if that
isn't what you were implying, my mistake - I apologize). If you're
interested in learning about programming on the Cell BE, take a look at
IBM's "Redbook" on it. The PDF is free and is a wonderful resource that
I wish I had when starting to work on the CBE.

Keeping in mind that I'm not a game developer, what the SPUs are used
for is the game physics and AI so there could be some shared data worked
on in a "parallel way". Not all games use all of the SPUs so those games
could be multi-core sequential like the Xbox. I found a post that
specifies the SPU usage per game -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7598043&postcount=1