Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Using OPENMPI configured for MX, GM and OPENIB interconnects
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 16:26:50

On Aug 26, 2009, at 4:20 PM, twurgl_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I see. My one script for all clusters calls
>
> mpirun --mca btl openib,mx,gm,tcp,sm,self ....
>
> so I'd need to add some logic above the mpirun line to figure out what
> cluster I am on to setup the correct mpirun line.
>
> still seems like I should be able to do the mpirun line I have and
> just
> tell me what it found, not what it can't find.
>
> thanks for the workaround...
>
> -tom

Rather than list them all, OMPI will try them all since they are all
compiled. By default, it tries faster networks before TCP. Simply run:

$ mpirun ...

and do not specify the network. It should so the right thing.

I think others have asked for a confirmation of selected network, but
I do not know if that feature exists.

Scott