Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Using OPENMPI configured for MX, GM and OPENIB interconnects
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 15:57:20

On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:41 PM, twurgl_at_[hidden] wrote:

> When, for example, I run on an IB cluster, I get warning messages
> about not
> finding GM NICS and another transport will be used etc.
> And warnings about mca btl mx components not found etc. It DOES run
> the
> IB, but it never says that in the output.
>
> What I'd like is to not get warnings about what I don't have on the
> cluster
> in question and instead get a note that says it found the IB.
>
> Is this already possible?
>
> Or can I at least suppress the warnings for the not-found
> interconnects?
>
> thanks!
> tom

You can use:

$ mpirun -mca pml ob1 -mca mx,sm,self ...

when running with MX. Substitute gm or ib when running on those
networks.

It may still fail over to TCP. To avoid that, you could run:

$ mpirun -mca pml ob1 -mca ^mx,^ib,^tcp ...

to tell it to run on anything (GM, shared memory and self) except MX,
IB, and TCP.

You probably do not need -mca pml ob1, but that will prevent the MX
MTL from trying to start as well.

Scott