Subject: Re: [OMPI users] gfortran, gcc4.2, openmpi 1.3.3, fortran compile errors
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 13:38:34

On Aug 25, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Jason Palmer wrote:

> I seem to have fixed the problem using the miracle of
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I probably should have known about the importance
> of that environment variable already, and I imagine no knowing about
> it has caused me problems in the past.

Yes, this looks like it was your problem. Looking in your config.log,
I see:

configure:35420: ./conftest
./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.2:

Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the right gfortran installation
likely fixed this.

Glad you figured it out!

> So besides the important environment variables listed in the openmpi
> docs, like LDFLAGS, perhaps something about the variable
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be mentioned as well.

Fair enough... will do.