Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problem with linking on OS X
From: Jody Klymak (jklymak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-19 20:35:50

Hi Tomek,

Did you try mpicc --showme?

I get:

gcc -D_REENTRANT -I/Network/Xgrid/openmpi/include -L/Network/Xgrid/
openmpi/lib -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -lutil

If your -L isn't correct in there, then I would guess your
configuration found the wrong library somehow when you compiled mpicc
and friends...

Cheers, Jody

On Aug 19, 2009, at 15:57 PM, tomek wrote:

> OK - I have fixed it by including -L/opt/openmpi/lib at the very
> beginning of mpicc ... -L/opt/openmpi/lib -o app.exe the rest ...
>
> But something is wrong with dyld anyhow.
>
> On 19 Aug 2009, at 21:04, Jody Klymak wrote:
>
>> Hi Tomek,
>>
>> I'm using 10.5.7, and just went through a painful process that we
>> thought was library related (but it wasn't), so I'll give my less-
>> than-learned response, and if you sill have difficulties hopefully
>> others will chime in:
>>
>> What is the result of "which mpicc" (or whatever you are using for
>> your compiling/linking? I'm pretty sure that's where the library
>> paths get set, and if you are calling /usr/bin/mpicc you will get
>> the wrong library paths in the executable.
>>
>> On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:57 AM, tomek wrote:

Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/