Subject: [OMPI users] Problem with linking on OS X
From: tomek (t.koziara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-19 13:57:22

Hi

I spent some time today trying to install OpenMPI 1.3.3 on OS X
10.5.8. I need to used threading and asynchronous progress, hence the
pre-installed OpenMPI is not sufficient.

Anyhow - whatever I did (and I tried many things) - my applications is
getting linked against the default /usr/lib/ OpenMPI, rather than
against /opt/openmpi/lib version.

I installed the software using those instructions:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=osx#osx-bundled-ompi

and, when it didn't work properly, I tired:

1. Using DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
2. passing some ./configure --with-wrapper-ldflags="-L/opt/openmpi/lib"
3. passing some ./configure --with-wrapper-ldflags="-rpath /opt/
openmpi/lib"
4. hand compilation with cc -L/opt/openmpi/lib -lmpi

2 and 3 did not work (ld error=22)

With 1 and 2 my code still gets linked with /usr/lib/libmpi...

Note, that the /opt/openmpi/bin path is properly set and ompi_info
does outputs the right info.

Any hints will be appreciated
Tomek