Subject: [OMPI users] OPEN MPI with self
From: Jean Potsam (jeanpotsam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-18 11:36:42

Dear ALL,
                I am trying to checkpoint MPI application using the self  component. I had a look at the OPEN MPI FT user's guide Draft 1.4. but is still unsure.

I have installed openmpi as follows:

jean$ ./configure --prefix=/home/jean/openmpi/  --enable-debug --enable-mpi-profile --enable-mpi-cxx  --enable-binaries --enable-trace --enable-static=yes --enable-debug --with-devel-headers=1 --with-mpi-param-check=always --with-ft=cr --enable-ft-thread --enable-mpi-threads=yes

jean$ make all install

MY questions are:

Q1) Have I properly configured openmpi with self?

In the document, it is said:
"To be absolutely clear: these functions are to be provided by the application - they are not included in the open mpi library"

q2) Does this means that i will have to write my own checkpoint, continue and restart functions and fucntion calls?

Q3) has anyone experienced with self checkpointing? I would really appreaciate if a guide could be available.

Thanks a lot

cheers

JEan