Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problem starting openmpi on core duo macosx5
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-15 07:52:03

On Aug 15, 2009, at 7:44 AM, Joop van Lenthe wrote:

> Hi
> I downloaded and compiled openmpi and installed it.
> I set met public /private keys.
> I try to run and get:
> ./gamess
> A requested component was not found, or was unable to be opened. This
> means that this component is either not installed or is unable to be

Was gamess compiled against the new version of Open MPI that you
downloaded and installed?

Note that OS X ships with its own version of Open MPI -- you should
probably install Open MPI into an alternate location (e.g., /usr/
local) and put it in the front of your PATH (e.g., put /usr/local/bin
in front of your path). Then you should be able to use mpicc/mpif77/
etc. to compile and link MPI applications as normal with the new
version.