Subject: Re: [OMPI users] configure OPENMPI with DMTCP
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-13 09:40:25

On Aug 12, 2009, at 3:35 PM, Kritiraj Sajadah wrote:

> HI,
> I want to configure OPENMPI to checkpoint MPI applications using
> DMTCP. Does anyone know how to specify the path to the DMTCP
> application when installing OPENMPI.

I have not experimented with Open MPI using DMTCP. If I understand
their website and papers correctly, DMTCP can work with Open MPI
without modification (though I do not know to what degree of
coverage), so you -should- not need specify anything when building
Open MPI.

> Also, I wanted to use OPENMPI with SELF instead of BLCR. Is there
> any guide for setting up OPENMPI with SELF?

There are instructions for this in the Checkpoint/Restart User's Guide
posted to the Open MPI wiki:
   https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/ProcessFT_CR

-- Josh