Subject: Re: [OMPI users] tcp connectivity OS X and 1.3.3
From: Jody Klymak (jklymak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 12:01:33

On Aug 11, 2009, at 18:55 PM, Gus Correa wrote:

> Did you wipe off the old directories before reinstalling?

Check.

> I prefer to install on a NFS mounted directory,

Check

> Have you tried to ssh from node to node on all possible pairs?

check - fixed this today, works fine with the spawning user...

> How could you roll back to 1.1.5,
> now that you overwrote the directories?

Oh, I still have it on another machine off the cluster in /usr/local/
openmpi. Will take just 5 mintues to reinstall.

> Launching jobs with Torque is way much better than
> using barebones mpirun.

> And you don't want to stay behind with the OpenMPI versions
> and improvements either.

Sure, but I'd like the jobs to be able to run at all..

Is there any sense in rolling back to to 1.2.3 since that is known to
work with OS X (its the one that comes with 10.5)? My only guess at
this point is other OS X users are using non-tcpip communication, and
the tcp stuff just doesn't work in 1.3.3.

Thanks, Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/