Subject: Re: [OMPI users] problem configuring with torque
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 05:09:05

On Aug 10, 2009, at 10:36 PM, Craig Plaisance wrote:

> I am building openmpi on a cluster running rocks. When I build
> using ./configure --with-tm=/share/apps/torque --prefix=/share/apps/
> openmpi/intel I receive the warning
> configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --with-tm, --enable-ltdl-
> convenience

You can ignore these - there are some secondary operations going on
that don't understand the options used in the general build.

> After running make and make install, I run ompi-info | grep tm and
> don't see the entries
>
> MCA pls: tm (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.0)
> MCA ras: tm (MCA v1.0, API v1.0, Component v1.0)

I assume you are building a 1.3.x version? If so, the pls framework no
longer exists, which is why you don't see it. You should see a plm tm
module, though.

If you aren't seeing a ras tm module, then it is likely that the
system didn't find the required Torque support. Are you sure the given
path is correct?

Note that the ras interface version has been bumped up, so it wouldn't
show MCA v1.0 etc. - the numbers should be different now.