Subject: [OMPI users] MPI can determine which CPU to send a process?
From: otavioarj_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-08-08 18:53:32

Hello fellows,

I'm search the best Message Passing implementation to use in the University Beowulf Cluster, and I was wandering if  MPI can determine which CPU to send a process.
With MPI I can determine the host and the number of process, and with  -npernode , the number of process per nodes, but that guaranty that if I put 4 quad cores in some host list, and use -npernode 3, it will execute exactly 1 process per CPU in which  host?
And I can determine the CPU to send a process, like CPU1 or CPU0 , some CPU affinity on execution time?

Best Regards.

Otavio Augusto.