Subject: Re: [OMPI users] init failing
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-07 09:24:34

I'm way behind on my mail; apologies for the delay in replying.

Did you figure this out?

As a pure guess, it sounds like you have a heterogeneous setup --
nodes have different distros and/or versions. As such, your glibc's
may be different, etc. In such situations, it is definitely
recommended to have a separate installation of Open MPI *on each node*
(i.e., compiled/built for that distro/version/platform).

If you're copying the files from system A to system B and A and B are
different distros/versions, it could be a good reason why it fails to
work.

Hope that helps.