Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Open MPI and env. variables (LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH) - complete and utter Open MPI / Linux noob
From: Tomislav Maric (tomislav.maric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 14:43:51

Hi Jeff,

thank you very much for your reply! :)

the problem wasn't only in the OMPI libs and bins, it was in other
binaries as well: OpenFOAM simulation suite is also installed locally so
  a short PATH could't be informative enough.

Actually, I know that the environment is exactly the same, because I'm
running liveDVDs with a sole purpose of setting up a NOW and running
simulations.

Therefore, --prefix and /full/path/mpirun gave me the ability to find
orted and similar stuff needed for OMPI, but failed to give me the
linkage :) to OpenFOAM binaries and libs. That's why my solver
complained that it coulnd't link the .so libraries.

I'm not quite sure how secure is my solution, it seems a bit radical,
but I have tried everything, even sending vars with -x option but gave
up because there's like 50 of them. I would have to cat the -x arguments
from a file or smth. :)

Thanks,
Tomislav