Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Kerberos ticket forwarding
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 13:58:04

On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Jean-Christophe Ducom wrote:

> When I try
> dqcneh001$ mpirun -np 1 -H dqcneh002 -mca plm_rsh_agent
> "/usr/kerberos/bin/rsh -F" klist
> klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:/tmp/
> krb5cc_p3651)
>
> Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt82784
> klist: You have no tickets cached
>
> The Kerberos ticket is not forwarded.

Strange. I'm afraid I don't use a kerberos-based rsh, so I don't know
what it's looking for that it's not finding. What happens under the
covers in OMPI is that we use "rsh -F" to launch the "orted" process
on the remote node. After some network back-n-forth, the orted fork/
exec's your executable (klist, in this case). Nothing too special
there.

Do you know what klist is doing to determine that it doesn't have any
credentials? E.g., does that file /tmp/krb5cc_p3651 exist, or no? Is
there some environment variable that it passes that filename through
that we're somehow not passing down through the orted to the executable?