Subject: [OMPI users] Embedding MPI program into a webservice ?
From: Ashika Umanga Umagiliya (aumanga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-16 23:44:24

Greetings all,

I am in the design level of parallizing an SVM algorithm.We need to
expose this as a webservice.I have decided to go with Axis2/C
implementation.

Please refer to : http://i30.tinypic.com/i707qq.png

As can be seen in the Figure1 , can I embedd my MPI logic in side my
Webservice ? I guess that its not possible because the webservice is
packaged as a static library (myService.so) and can not execute the
"mpirun".

In Figure2, I have illustrated another alternative.In my Webservice, I
invoke my parallel program (myParallelProg) using "mpirun" and other
parameters.

Is there any good design to accomplish what I am trying to do?I think
the second is not a good design ?

Thanks in advance,
umanga