Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Xgrid and choosing agents...
From: Luis Vitorio Cargnini (lvcargnini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-11 14:48:55

Hi,

So you have 4 nodes each one with 2 processors, each processor 4-core
- quad-core.
So you have capacity for 32 process in parallel.
I think that only using the hostfile is enough is how I use. If you to
specify a specific host or a different sequence, the mpirun will obey
the host sequence in your hostfile to start the process, also can you
put how you configured your host files ? I'm asking this because you
should have something like:
# This is an example hostfile. Comments begin with
# #
# The following node is a single processor machine:
foo.example.com
  # The following node is a dual-processor machine:
bar.example.com slots=2
# The following node is a quad-processor machine, and we absolutely
# want to disallow over-subscribing it:
  yow.example.com slots=4 max-slots=4
so in your case like mine you should have something like:
your.hostname.domain slots=8 max-slots=8 # for each node

I hope this will help you.
Regards.
Vitorio.