Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Problems in OpenMPI
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-10 17:11:22

On Fri, 2009-07-10 at 14:35 -0500, Yin Feng wrote:
> I have my code run on supercomputer.
> First, I required allocation and then just run my code using mpirun.
> The supercomputer will assign 4 nodes but they are different at each
> time of requirement. So, I don't know the machines I will use before
> it runs.
> Do you know how to figure out under this situation?

The answer depends on what scheduler the computer is using, if it's
using SGE then I believe it's enough to compile Open-MPI with the
--with-sge flag and it figures it out for itself. You'll probably need
to check with the local admins for a definitive answer.

Ashley,

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.
http://padb.pittman.org.uk