Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Segmentation fault - Address not mapped
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 09:07:30

On Jul 7, 2009, at 8:08 AM, Catalin David wrote:

> Thank you very much for the help and assistance :)
>
> Using -isystem /users/cluster/cdavid/local/include the program now
> runs fine (loads the correct mpi.h).

This is very fishy.

If mpic++ is in /users/cluster/cdavid/local/bin, and that directory is
in the front of your $PATH, then using that to compile your
application should pull in the right mpi.h file.

To be clear: if you use the right mpicc / mpic++ / mpif77 / mpif90,
the Right header files should get pulled in because the wrappers will
do the proper -I for you. You can verify this by checking the output
of "mpic++ my_program.cc -o my_program --showme" and see what compiler
flags are getting passed down to the underlying compiler.

You might want to double check your setup to ensure that your PATH is
absolutely correct, you have run "rehash" if you needed to (csh /
tcsh), your LD_LIBRARY_PATH points to the right library (on all nodes,
even for non-interactive logins), etc.

Cisco Systems