Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Question on running the openmpi test modules
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 08:50:05

On Jul 7, 2009, at 12:43 AM, Prasadcse Perera wrote:

> I'm new to openmpi and currently I have setup openmpi-1.3.3a1r21566
> on my Linux machines. I have run some of available examples and also
> noticed there are some test modules under /openmpi-1.3.3a1r21566/
> test. Are these tests run on batchwise? then how ? or are these
> tests suppose to run individually by compiling and executing
> seperately ?

They are run via "make check" -- it's a standard GNU mechanism that is
built into our make system automatically by Automake. These tests are
loosely maintained at best -- they were put in a long time ago, but
the bulk of our regression testing codes are in different, not-
publicly-accessible repositories (mainly because many of them were not
originally written by us and we were too lazy to look into public
redistribution rights).

> I'm hoping to contribute openmpi as a developer, so I would like to
> know can users contribute by adding more example codes ?

Great! More tests, examples, documentation, and code are always
appreciated!

Note that we have a separate "devel_at_[hidden]" list for developer-
level discussions.

Cisco Systems