Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MPI and C++ - now Send and Receive of Classes and STL containers
From: Markus Blatt (mblatt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 06:59:14

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 03:24:07PM -0400, Luis Vitorio Cargnini wrote:
> Thanks, but I really do not want to use Boost.
> Is easier ? certainly is, but I want to make it using only MPI
> itself
> and not been dependent of a Library, or templates like the majority
> of
> boost a huge set of templates and wrappers for different libraries,
> implemented in C, supplying a wrapper for C++.
> I admit Boost is a valuable tool, but in my case, as much
> independent I
> could be from additional libs, better.

If you do not want to use boost, then I suggest not using nested
vectors but just ones that contain PODs as value_type (or even
C-arrays).

If you insist on using complicated containers you will end up
writing your own MPI-C++ abstraction (resulting in a library). This
will be a lot of (unnecessary and hard) work.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Markus