Subject: Re: [OMPI users] (no subject)
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-06 09:00:36

The MPI standard does not define any functions for taking checkpoints
from the application.

The checkpoint/restart work in Open MPI is a command line driven,
transparent solution. So the application does not have change in any
way, and the user (or scheduler) must initiate the checkpoint from the
command line (on the same node as the mpirun process).

We have experimented with adding Open MPI specific checkpoint/restart
interfaces in the context of the MPI Forum. These prototypes have not
made it to the Open MPI trunk. Some information about that particular
development is at the link below:
   https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/Quiescence

Best,
Josh