Subject: [OMPI users] Changing the MPIRUN/MPIEXEC semantics
From: Simone Pellegrini (spellegrini_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-03 11:36:19

Dear all,
current implementation of mpirun starts the executable in different
nodes. For some reason I need to start different MPI applications across
nodes and I want to use MPI to communicate among these applications. For
short I want to breakdown the SPMD model, something like:

mpirun --np 3 mpi_app1 "app1_args", mpi_app2, "app2_args", mpi_app3,
"app3_args"

Is it possible to have this kind of behavior with the current
implementation of mpirun?
if not... it's implement it via changing the mpirun and/or mpiexec
routines or does it implies radical changes to the entire Open MPI library?

regards, Simone