Subject: [OMPI users] programs are segfaulting using Torque & OpenMPI
From: Wilko Keegstra (w.keegstra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-31 09:20:50

hi,

I have the following problem:

I am using openmpi 1.3.3

programs (directly and from scripts) submitted with mpiexec are running
fine.

programs (directly and from scripts) submitted through Torque 2.3.7
with openmpi compiled with --with-tm (and torque-devel) installed
give segfaulting of the programs.

programs submitted through Torque 2.3.7 directly with openmpi
compiled without --with-tm (and NO torque-devel installed) run fine
however mpiexec programs from script (script submiited through torque)
are only running on 1 node, so I need openmpi compiled with --with-tm

We also have a cluster running with openmpi 1.2.9 compiled without
--with-tm in combination with torque 2.3.3 and everything is running
fine, so NO segfaults and mpiexec from script also running on the
nodes selected at submitting time.

I don't have errors on log files only on the job log file:

mpiexec noticed that process rank 7 with PID 3150 on node
rugem21.chem.rug.nl exited on signal 11 (Segmentation fault).

Could anyone please help me,
many thanks in advance
Wilko Keegstra

| Dr. Wilko Keegstra    priv.phone: +31594514153,+31610477915 |
| Groningen University       email: W.Keegstra_at_[hidden]         |
| Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute |
| Nijenborgh 4               phone: +31503634224              |
| 9747 AG GRONINGEN          fax  : +31503634800              |
| The Netherlands                                             |