Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Test works with 3 computers, but not 4?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 16:15:45

Using direct can cause scaling issues as every process will open a
socket to every other process in the job. You would at least have to
ensure you have enough file descriptors available on every node.

The most likely cause is either (a) a different OMPI version getting
picked up on one of the nodes, or (b) something blocking communication
between at least one of your other nodes. I would suspect the latter -
perhaps a firewall or something?

I''m disturbed by your not seeing any error output - that seems
strange. Try adding --debug-daemons to the cmd line. That should
definitely generate output from every daemon (at the least, they
report they are alive).

Ralph