Subject: [OMPI users] strange IMB runs
From: Michael Di Domenico (mdidomenico4_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 13:41:59

I'm not sure I understand what's actually happened here. I'm running
IMB on an HP superdome, just comparing the PingPong benchmark

HP-MPI v2.3
Max ~ 700-800MB/sec

OpenMPI v1.3
-mca btl self,sm - Max ~ 125-150MB/sec
-mca btl self,tcp - Max ~ 500-550MB/sec

Is this behavior expected? Are there any tunables to get the OpenMPI
sockets up near HP-MPI?