Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Network connection check
From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 09:14:06

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, vipin kumar wrote:

> 1: Slave machine is reachable or not, (How I will do that ??? Given - I
> have IP address and Host Name of Slave machine.)
>
> 2: if reachable, check whether program(orted and "slaveprocess") is alive
> or not.

You don't specify and based on your description I infer that you are
not using a batch/queueing system, but just a rsh/ssh based start-up
mechanism. A batch/queueing system might be able to tell you whether a
remote computer is still accessible.

I think that MPI is not the proper mechanism to achieve what you want.
PVM or, maybe better, direct socket programming will probably serve
you more.

--
Bogdan Costescu
IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany