Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Network connection check
From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 09:14:06

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, vipin kumar wrote:

> 1: Slave machine is reachable or not, (How I will do that ??? Given - I
> have IP address and Host Name of Slave machine.)
> 2: if reachable, check whether program(orted and "slaveprocess") is alive
> or not.

You don't specify and based on your description I infer that you are
not using a batch/queueing system, but just a rsh/ssh based start-up
mechanism. A batch/queueing system might be able to tell you whether a
remote computer is still accessible.

I think that MPI is not the proper mechanism to achieve what you want.
PVM or, maybe better, direct socket programming will probably serve
you more.

Bogdan Costescu
IWR, University of Heidelberg, INF 368, D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phone: +49 6221 54 8240, Fax: +49 6221 54 8850
E-mail: bogdan.costescu_at_[hidden]