Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Warning: declaration ‘struct MPI::Grequest_intercept_t’ does not declare anything
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 08:20:43

On Jul 22, 2009, at 3:17 AM, Alexey Sokolov wrote:

> from /home/user/NetBeansProjects/Correlation_orig/
> Correlation/Correlation.cpp:2:
> /usr/include/openmpi/1.2.4-gcc/openmpi/ompi/mpi/cxx/
> request_inln.h:347: warning: declaration ‘struct
> MPI::Grequest_intercept_t’ does not declare anything

That's fairly odd, but if your program is not using the C++ bindings
for MPI generalized requests, it won't matter.

But as Jody noted, updating to Open MPI v1.3.3 is a better bet,
anyway. Distro-default packages are great and convenient, but Open
MPI releases at a faster pace than distros. It's annoying, but
sometimes necessary to upgrade (especially if you're starting new and
have no legacy reasons to stick with older software).

FWIW: we slightly changed the routine that was issuing the warning to
you in 1.3.3.

Also, be aware that the MPI Forum is likely to deprecate the C++
bindings in MPI-2.2. They won't go away in MPI-2.2, but they may well
go away in MPI-3. Open MPI (and others) will likely still include C++
binding functionality for a long time (to keep legacy codes still
running), but they will become relegated to a minor subsystem.