Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ifort and gfortran module
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 07:03:38

Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> writes:

> See https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.3/README#257.

Ah, neat. I'd never thought of that, possibly due to ELF not being
relevant when I first started worrying about that sort of thing.

> Indeed. In OMPI, we tried to make this as simple as possible. But
> unless you use specific compiler options to hide their differences, it
> isn't possible and is beyond our purview to fix. :-(

Sure. It was a question of whether it's just the interface, in which
case flags may help with Fortran.

> (similar situation with the C++ bindings)

I'd have expected it to be worse, since compilers intentionally have
inconsistent name-mangling as I understand it, but I'm not clever enough
to understand C++ anyway :-/.