Subject: Re: [OMPI users] [Open MPI Announce] Open MPI v1.3.3 released
From: Dave Love (d.love_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 06:39:55

Jeff Squyres <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> writes:

> The MPI ABI has not changed since 1.3.2.

Good, thanks. I hadn't had time to investigate the items in the release
notes that looked suspicious. Are there actually any known ABI
incompatibilities between 1.3.0 and 1.3.2? We haven't noticed any as
far as I know.

> Note that our internal API's are *not* guaranteed to be ABI compatible
> between releases

Sure.

Thanks for clarifying. I assumed there was a missing negative in the
previous answer about it, but it's worth spelling out.