Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Network connection check
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 05:33:42

It depends on which network fails. If you lose all TCP connectivity,
Open MPI should abort the job as the out-of-band system will detect
the loss of connection. If you only lose the MPI connection (whether
TCP or some other interconnect), then I believe the system will
eventually generate an error after it retries sending the message a
specified number of times, though it may not abort.