Subject: Re: [OMPI users] ifort and gfortran module
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-22 13:34:28

See https://svn.open-mpi.org/source/xref/ompi_1.3/README#257.

> It's obviously of interest to those of us facing combinatorial
> explosion
> of libraries we're expected to install.

Indeed. In OMPI, we tried to make this as simple as possible. But
unless you use specific compiler options to hide their differences, it
isn't possible and is beyond our purview to fix. :-( (similar
situation with the C++ bindings)

> Also, is there any reason to use mpi-selector rather than switcher?

Nope -- they do about the same thing.