Subject: [OMPI users] Send variable size of matrices
From: Prasadcse Perera (prasadcse0_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-21 02:23:50

Hi all,
I'm writing an application which requires sending some variable size of sub
matrices to a set of processes by a lead process who holds the original
matrix. Here, the matrices are square matrices and the receiving process
doesn't know the size of the receiving matrix. In MPI_Bcast, I have seen
that we can broadcast a whole matrix. Is there a similar way to do this with
a derived data type for the matrices which we can send a matrix without
looping the blocks ?.

Thanks,
Prasad.

--