Subject: Re: [OMPI users] MX questions
From: Scott Atchley (atchley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-26 09:53:38

On Jun 26, 2009, at 9:45 AM, Dave Love wrote:

> Scott Atchley <atchley_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> I believe the answer is yes as long as all NICs are in the same
>> fabric
>> (they usually are).
>
> Thanks. Do you mean it won't if, in this case, the two NICs are on
> separate switches?

Dave,

George's answer supersedes mine. You must be using the MX bonding
driver to use more than one NIC per host. The NICs do not have to be
connected to the same switches, but they must be part of the same
fabric (i.e. all NICs are in the same map). Each NIC's (board's)
output in mx_info should list all NICs in the host.

If you do not have the bonding driver, you can get it from
help_at_myri.com.

Scott