Subject: Re: [OMPI users] Adjust the polling frequency in ompi ?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-23 21:13:15

On Jun 23, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Hsing-bung Chen wrote:

> FYI,
> Is this the right way to adjust the polling frequency in ompi?

Which polling rate are you trying to adjust? And why (I'm just

This particular polling rate is slightly complicated. Think of it as
how often we progress file descriptor-based communications when *not*
using TCP as an MPI transport (e.g., when using OpenFabrics, we poll
file descriptors very infrequently -- but we still poll OpenFabrics
completion queues hard for progress; there's no way to "dial that
down", so to speak).

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems