Subject: Re: [OMPI users] 50% performance reduction due to OpenMPI v 1.3.2 forcing all MPI traffic over Ethernet instead of using Infiniband
From: Gus Correa (gus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-23 14:00:40

Hi Jim, list

Have you checked if configure caught your IB libraries properly?
IIRR there has been some changes since 1.2.8 on how configure searches
for libraries (e.g. finding libnuma was a problem, now fixed).
Chances are that if you used some old script
or command line to run configure, it may not have worked as you expected.

Check the output of ompi_info -config.
It should show -lrdmacm -libverbs, otherwise it skipped IB.
In this case you can reconfigure, pointing to the IB library location.

If you have a log of your configure step you can also search it for
openib, libverbs, etc, to see if it did what you expected.

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa
Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA